Tips That Will Change The Way You Tailgate
Tailgating. It’s the American tradition. It’s the practice of drinking and eating sport for everyone, well almost everyone. Tailgating isn’t just throwing burgers and hot dogs on a grill. Tailgating is a way of life. By now, many people have perfected the tailgating experience to a tee. With football around the corner, and the colder weather starting to arrive, tailgating season is about to begin. Are you prepared? Find out by reading our tips that will change how you tailgate that will last the rest of the year.
Preparation and Packing
- Prepare as much as possible the night beforehand. We cannot stress this enough. Make a list of everything you need. Also, check the stadium website for any rules and regulations they have on tailgating.
- Furthermore, we suggest that you cook as much as you can before arriving. That way you don’t have to spend the whole time behind a grill. This includes but not limited to, marinating your meats and creating skewers the night before.
- Always pack a mini first aid kit. Sure, you probably have been tailgating for years and have never had an incident. Accidents do happen. Maybe a fellow tailgater that’s next to your has an accident and they don’t have anything.
- Make sure to pack an extra set of essentials for tailgating. For example, how much propane or charcoal do you have? Is it enough for all of your friends and family to last a few hours before the game begins? Additionally, pack your jumper cables to make sure that your car doesn’t stall.
Setting Up Camp
- Guess what. You’re not the only one at the stadium that has a “red truck”. Make your truck or car visible to all of your friends with your favorite sports teams color of balloons or a large helium balloon that is easy to spot.
- Convert the back of your car into a fully-stocked table or bar. It doesn’t hurt to have decorative serving trays or a designated serving area. For example, it’s a lot easier for people to make their own hot dogs if there is a DIY station.
- If you like to have everything organized, we have just the thing. Bring a pre-packed set of drawers so everything is easily accessible for all of your cooking needs. It really comes in handy when you are looking for something and you need it quickly.
- When you do eventually set up you grill, consider the wind direction. If it’s a very windy day, and you have a charcoal grill, we suggest that you bring a little extra charcoal because the wind can make it burn faster. Point the front legs of the grill into the wind to minimize wind coming into the bottom vents. If you have a gas grill, turn the grill perpendicular to where the wind is coming from.
Food and Drink
Label your coolers so guest can find the drinks easily. It wouldn’t be a tailgate party if you didn’t have any beers!
- For the colder months, we suggest brewing up some soups. Bring a variety of soup in thermoses and tin mugs. It’s an easy tailgating item and it will pair perfectly with some bread or crackers.
- If all else fails, or you don’t want to cook then leave the cooking to us! Sometimes grilling isn’t the easy way out with everything you have to bring to the stadium.
Let Adams Prince Frederick take care of your tailgating needs. And most importantly, relax and have fun!